Positive affirmations are short phrases or mantras that you repeat to yourself, which are positive in nature and describe a specific outcome or result. You say these affirmations to give yourself motivation, belief and for a feel-good factor. At first, these affirmations might not be true, but with constant repetition, your subconscious mind will start to believe them. When you verbally affirm our dreams and ambitions, or even say something positive to feel better, there is a sense of reassurance that things will work out and wishes can become realities. Similar to exercise, they can raise the level of feel-good hormones and help our brains form new clusters of “positive thought” neurons. These positive affirmations are often used in meditations and help you reduce stress due to its calming and positive effect!
Here are 20 positive affirmations you can try to feel good, reduce stress and improve motivation! If you can, try saying them out aloud.
- Today will be a good day, no matter what comes my way.
- I will give my best at work.
- Nothing can deter me, I am strong.
- Today, I am overflowing with energy and joy.
- My body is healthy; my mind is brilliant; my soul is satisfied.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions.
- I am good enough.
- I possess the qualities needed to be successful.
- I am going to be happy throughout the day.
- I have the power to do anything I want.
- Everything will work out for me.
- I will not give up.
- I am getting stronger everyday.
- I will take care of my mind and body.
- I am blessed with family and friends who love me.
- My stress and anxiety will pass.
- I am not letting my stress beat me.
- I am stronger than my anxious thoughts.
- I am capable of facing any challenges life throws at me.
- Everything will be okay.
These are some common positive affirmations that can help you balance yourself and feel better. Such affirmations can even motivate you to do more and help reduce stress you may be facing.
Positive affirmations are a small but simple habit worth cultivating, especially at the start of your day. It helps set the tone for a positive and productive day, giving you motivation and inner energy.