Stress is the physical manifestation of tension and pressure. It’s common to face stress through various facets of life – it could be workplace stress, exam stress, pregnancy related stress or even stress due to personal problems. It is important to manage stress proactively, rather than allow it to build up.
Stress can be overcome through a variety of stress management techniques and strategies, but it is key to have a balanced mind and look at the lighter side of things.
Here are 20 quotes to help you smile and breathe your stress away!
1. “The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.” – John Green
2. “Dear Stress, I would like a divorce. Please understand it is not you, it is me.” – Thomas E. Rojo Aubrey
3. “Calmness has the power to leave dirty water as clean water on top of dirt.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
4. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
5. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.” – Chinese Proverb
6. “In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just being.” – Eckhart Tolle
7. “A diamond is a piece of coal that did very well under stress” – Henry Kissinger
8. “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
9. “I’ve chosen to treat my life more like a party than something to stress about.” – Martin Short
10. “Laughter helps bring balance to a stressful situation.” – Kala Stevenson
11. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.”– Robert Eliot
12. “Stressed spelled backward is desserts.” – Loretta LaRoche
13. “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.” David Mamet
14. “Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress.” – Lysa TerKeurst
15. “For fast-acting relief, try slowing down. “ – Lily Tomlin
16. “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.” – Najwa Zebian
17. “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” – Sydney J. Harris
18. “If each day is a gift, I’d like to know where I can return Mondays.” — John Wagner
19. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
20. “When you find yourself stressed, ask yourself one question: Will this matter in 5 years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go.” –Catherine Pulsifer
If you’ve been feeling stressed for a long time, we suggest getting professional help. Feel free to write to us at email@example.com and we will be happy to connect you with a qualified expert who can help you.